Here is the list of challenges and the books I have read, am reading or intend to read.
Green is done, blue is in progress 🙂
- A 19th-century classic: Arthur Conan Doyle – The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes.
- A 20th-century classic: want to read a portrait of the artist as a young man by James Joyce, and a room with a view by E.M. Forster.
- A classic by a woman author: Jane Austen – Northanger Abbey
- A book in translation: The book of tea
- A children’s classic: Winnie the Pooh (I am going to “cheat” with this one, as I have the audiobook, with Stephen Fry as
- A classic crime story: Ellery Queen – Roman Hat mystery
- A classic travel or journey narrative, fiction or non-fiction: still plan to read Unbeaten tracks in Japan
- A classic with a single-word title: Cranford or Ivanhoe.
- A classic with a color in the title: The Scarlet Pimpernel!
- A classic by an author that’s new to you: no idea still, may check the list that is going around on Instagram for a book to read 🙂
- A classic that scares you: The epic of Gilgamesh (this one was SO amazing!)
- Re-read a favorite classic: Can’t choose, have so many favorites 🙂